Once you start building assets, you need to start protecting family wealth so that you and your children can fully benefit from the financial success you achieve.
In the last episode of our 3-part series on strategic planning for your finances is all about protecting family wealth.
If you’re working hard to build assets, you need to protect that growing net worth – and part of that is making sure you and your family will be financially stable no matter what curveballs you may face along the way.
Instead of just running through “insurance 101” or defining parts of an estate plan, we’re pulling back the curtain and showing you what a financial planner has for his personal finances and why he has it.
We’ll discuss the types of insurance policies we personally have, and walk through the documents that make up our estate plan. Expect to hear:
- Why we have to have this conversation in the first place – because it’s not enough to build wealth. You have to protect it (and yourself, and your family) too!
- What we looked for in a health insurance plan
- The property & casualty insurance you have to have, and a separate, additional policy you might want to consider as well
- What kind of life insurance we each have and what purpose it serves
- The importance of disability insurance for professional couples
- How we’ve protected ourselves, our family, and our stuff with a comprehensive estate plan, what an estate plan actually does (it’s WAY more than just wills!), and why almost everyone needs some type of estate plan for themselves, regardless of how much money you have
If you’ve made it this far, you know the importance of putting financial goals and decisions in the context of your values so you can sort through competing priorities.
You know you need to build a financial plan that uses specific strategies to address your particular challenges and opportunities.
And you understand that planning is key – but investing is critical, if you want to build real wealth.
Once that wealth-building machine is in motion, don’t leave it vulnerable. Start here to understand the steps you can take to start protecting family wealth – which includes you and your loved ones, too:
Want More? Here’s How to Connect
We’d love to connect with you and continue the conversation! If you have questions or comments, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also learn more about working with BYH as a financial planning client – click here to request a complimentary consultation and one-page financial plan.
And of course, we’d love to hear what you think. You can share your review of the show here.