Work with Us
Get your complimentary
one-page financial plan
Get a customized strategy to
optimize your finances and grow your net worth
Start the process
Discover what BYH Wealth
Management can do for you
Request your complimentary consultation
Book a 45-minute financial planning consultation. We want to hear about your financial situation, the goals you want to accomplish, and any challenges you're facing. We'll also share how BYH can help you do more with your money, and answer any questions you have.
Receive your one-page plan
During the last 15 minutes of your initial consultation, we'll gather some financial details and data points from you so that we can create your complimentary one-page financial plan. We'll then deliver that plan to you in our follow-up session.
Review your plan together
We'll schedule a 45-minute video call to walk through your plan together. We'll identify opportunities, urgent action items, or major gaps to address. You'll also be able to ask any remaining questions you have about working together with BYH to develop a full plan with ongoing support.
Respond with your final decision
After you have your initial plan, we'll share what next steps look like for getting started with BYH. If you'd like to partner up on your financial planning, we’ll send an agreement to sign and a link to set up payment for your service. Then, the BYH team will work with you to gather more specific information ahead of your first formal planning meeting as BYH clients.
What to Expect
- You can use our calculator to estimate your specific price for BYH's wealth management service. We have a tiered membership structure, based on assets invested with us - which can start at $0 (in other words, we don't require you to take advantage of investment management). If you have any questions about your quote, email email@example.com.
- We believe in transparent pricing. What you see is what you pay. We believe our pricing structure reflects the value we provide and time we commit to each client through our specialized service.
- We are a fee-only, independent firm. The only payments we receive for what we deliver come directly from clients - not from kickbacks or commissions from third parties. That removes financial conflicts of interest from the relationships we have with clients and helps pave the way for truly objective advice.
- BYH is an independent firm not beholden to any other companies or entities. We are also fiduciaries 100% of the time, with a legal and ethical obligation to work in the best interests of our clients. The firm is a Registered Investment Adviser that adheres to strict compliance standards and laws designed to protect consumers.
Portfolio management services are paid for directly from your investment accounts quarterly.
If you opt out of the BYH portfolio management service, your membership cost will start at $5,000 and increase by 3% annually for inflation.
This is general information and your specific cost structure will be shared with you in your service agreement.
Schedule a Complimentary Consultation
Partner with a team who has the experience to
guide you down the right path
Looking for more information?
Get answers to frequently
asked questions about BYH
We meet with clients virtually via Zoom video conferencing. In our first year together, we’ll meet 4 times in total to build out your baseline plan. Our first three meetings run for 90 minutes and will happen over a period of 3 to 4 months. Our fourth meeting will take place about 6 months after that.
On an ongoing basis, we schedule 2 full, comprehensive financial planning meetings per year. Our goal is to provide continual guidance so that you are able to take advantage of opportunities, properly handle challenges, and maintain peace of mind knowing that your decisions are grounded in sound financial reasoning. The proactive nature of our financial planning process allows you to plan ahead and consistently make progress toward your goals.
We also offer 15-minute ad-hoc phone conversations for urgent matters, and provide full email support and analysis as needed. We also proactively check in between meetings to offer support as needed and ensure you stay on track with your financial plan.
In addition to our semi-annual meetings scheduled in advance, we offer clients the following on an ongoing basis outside of formal meetings:
- Advisor-generated meeting summaries to capture key strategic initiatives and advice
- Real-time maintenance of your most important action items, so you know where to focus next
- Completion of BYH to-dos, analyses, and any other tasks necessary to keep making progress
- 15-minute phone calls for urgent planning needs that can’t be supported via email
- Annual tax analysis to promote proactive tax planning (and potentially significant tax savings, especially around equity compensation)
- Education to improve your understanding of the economy and financial markets, current events and long-term expectations via webinars, research and other resources
Our advice and guidance covers a wide range of topics. Some of the most frequent that we discuss with clients include:
- Goals, values, and priorities
- Net worth growth
- Cash flow analysis
- Savings and spending strategies (including college savings)
- Equity compensation analysis and management
- Housing affordability analysis
- Employee benefits
- Insurance (including health, disability, life, umbrella, and P&C)
- Investment management, portfolio construction, and asset allocation
- Scenario planning and long-term projections for financial freedom or traditional retirement
- Tax planning
- Estate planning discussions
Of course! We welcome clients to reach out anytime they have questions, concerns, or changes. Outside of regularly scheduled meetings, we provide phone and email support.
We ask that clients reach out to us via email to begin any in-between meeting conversations. Doing so allows us to respond as a team, and ensure you’re connected with the best person to help address the specific question, thought, or concern. From there, we’ll work with you to:
- Provide a complete response via email (we strive to do this within 48 hours of receiving all emails). Or, if analysis needs to be done on our end to provide an answer, we’ll get clear on any deadlines and set a date by when you can expect a full response.
- Set up a time to talk via phone to resolve the issue, if it is time-sensitive and urgent, and cannot be taken care of over email.
- Place your topic on the agenda of an upcoming meeting so that we can have a deeper conversation about the topic in the context of your full financial plan.
We believe that a financial plan is not a one-time event. It’s an ongoing process. We continually make adjustments that reflect your life as it unfolds. We also work with an aggregation system that uses real-time numbers and highly detailed, accurate work are integral to how we operate.
We develop plans and systems that allow you to achieve the goal of living well today while still planning responsibly for tomorrow. BYH is a different kind of wealth management for motivated, self-made professionals who want their money working as hard for them as they worked to earn it.
We design globally-diversified portfolios to minimize costs and deliver appropriate risk-adjusted returns. Our investing strategy is based in a globally diversified core portfolio of publicly traded stocks and bonds. We then target dimensions of higher expected returns using decades of empirical evidence and research to power every decision.
Our team of CFAs performs in depth periodic research on global asset classes to ensure that we're choosing the appropriate exposure to each through the right investment vehicle inside your portfolio. As your accounts grow, we discuss alternative investments outside of the publicly traded stock market, opening the door to private equity, private credit and private real estate investments should we decide together that these strategies work for your plan.
We maintain a passive investment philosophy and we target dimensions of expected returns. We are not active traders or stock-pickers, nor do we default to an indexing strategy that you simply “set and forget.”
Our approach is to develop strategies for each client, aligning portfolios to your goals and preferences for risk. We dig deeper into the asset class and investment vehicle decisions to ensure that we are optimizing your exposures to areas we believe will perform best over the long-term.
We do not have minimums for our Wealth Management program. We do offer a standalone investment management program for select clients; that requires a minimum of $250,000 in investable assets in order to participate.
If you want to get the most from the Wealth Management program, and the best possible advice we can offer, we recommend leveraging both the financial planning and investment management services that are part of the program. (That being said, no, we do not require clients invest with us to access the program.)
We’ve designed this program to be an integrated system – and including investment management is done in order to give truly comprehensive advice and guidance. Without that piece of the puzzle, there are a number of strategies, actions, and portfolio options that will not be available to you, which could mean missing out on how much you get from your investments.
No. We are an independent, fee-only financial planning firm. The only way we are compensated is through the fee we charge directly for clients for the delivery of our service, which is fiduciary financial advice and investment management. You can learn more about our firm here.