Accomplishing what you want with your money doesn’t have to be so hard. You just need to understand how to structure your goals for success.
If you’re a highly accomplished, motivated person, you likely have goals. You may even have a lot of goals.
And that could be holding you back.
Today on the show, we discuss a key strategy in making your money goals easier to achieve, faster. It’s all about the FPA framework: focus, prioritize, and act.
In this episode, we cover:
- How to determine if you’re making progress… or just looking busy but not actually getting anywhere
- Where most people go wrong with financial goal-setting (and how to avoid their mistakes)
- Why creating wiggle room and a buffer in your finances – with everything from your goals to your overall plan – is a critical component to success that most people skip
- How to make decision-making around spending and saving much easier
- Where our brains fail us when it comes to understanding probability (and how to plan around that shortcoming)
- The kinds of goals you may want to avoid, because they’re more likely to hold you back or distract you from making real progress when it comes to building wealth
- The strategies and tips you can use to set goals that better align with your values, and are actually easier to achieve
We also share our number-one personal financial goal and priority that we set each year, and how you can accomplish it yourself if you want to work toward it with us. Ready to tune in?
Jump into the episode here:
Want More from the Podcast — and Your Hosts? Here’s How to Connect
We’d love to connect with you and continue the conversation!
Follow Eric @BeyondFinances on Twitter and Instagram
Follow Kali @KaliRoberge on Twitter and Instagram
If you have questions or comments, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can even chat with Eric about becoming a financial planning client at BYH by clicking here.
And of course, we’d love to hear what you think. Share your feedback by leaving your review on iTunes. It means a lot.