Here’s what you need to know to determine how much cash you actually need on hand — and what to do with extra funds if you have them.
Most people think you can’t have too much cash on hand or in the bank. Cash is king, right? Cash is safe!
The reality is holding too much cash comes with its own set of risks, and you might actually be losing money because of it.
Today on the podcast, we explain:
- The formula to use to determine how much cash is appropriate to keep on hand
- How we chose the exact amount to keep in our emergency fund (and why it’s pretty low)
- Why too much cash can pose a risk to your long-term goals
- The cost of waiting to get your cash working for you as hard as you worked to earn it
- Why right now (or when markets are dropping) can be a great opportunity for long-term investors who have extra cash to invest
- How loss aversion can stop you from capitalizing on wealth-building opportunities
- The perspective you might need to put tough economic times into a more realistic context (which is hard to do when you’re going through it)
- The right way to deploy cash into the market if you have some extra, but feel afraid of investing when the market is dropping
Ready to better understand your cash? Join the conversation and learn how to manage your money in a way that allows you to grow your wealth.
Jump into this episode here:
Want More from the Podcast — and Your Hosts? Here’s How to Connect
We’d love to connect with you and continue the conversation!
If you have questions or comments, send us an email at email@example.com.
And of course, we’d love to hear what you think. Share your feedback by leaving your review on iTunes. It means a lot.