Many people think the ultimate financial goal is financial freedom or independence — but what if I told you there was an even better way to use your money to enjoy your life now AND in the future?
If you’ve listened to this podcast for any amount of time, you’ll know that one of the most important things to both of us is FREEDOM.
Choice. Flexibility. Autonomy. The freedom to do what we want with both our time and our money.
These values are what drive us to set big financial goals and push to reach them. But we’re not all that interested in the popularized version of “financial freedom” so often touted by FIRE bloggers.
That’s kind of the bare minimum. We’re up to something much bigger in our lives — and you can be, too.
Today, we’re looking at the potential pitfalls of chasing financial freedom and how the pursuit of independence can actually leave you with fewer options and feeling more stuck than ever before.
We’re also proposing an entirely new solution: creating and building financial power into your life.
In this episode of the podcast, we explain:
- The downsides of “financial freedom” that no one talks about
- The problem with running linear projections to plan for life 30+ years into the future
- How pursuing financial power instead of the traditional idea of “freedom” can provide you with a richer, more fulfilling life
- What you need to do to build more power into your financial life
- Specific tactics to try and fundamentals you must master to become more financially powerful
We’re also sharing some of our own stories about what financial freedom and financial power mean to us — and how the pursuit of power over both our time and money looks in our own lives.
Ready to join the conversation?
Jump into the episode here:
Want More from the Podcast — and Your Hosts? Here’s How to Connect
We’d love to connect with you and continue the conversation!
If you have questions or comments, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
And of course, we’d love to hear what you think. Share your feedback by leaving your review on iTunes. It means a lot.