You don’t have to be born into money to have money now.
Today, we lay out a few different paths to explore if you want to become a self-made millionaire. We’ll tell you which we’re on, talk about the benefits or downsides of each, and provide some insight on how you can make more money now.
- Becoming a high-income earner with a company or employer.
- Starting a business or freelancing.
- The importance of investing, and the multiple ways you can do that, from investing in the market to real estate to investing in other businesses.
We want you to understand the potential paths available to you, to know that you do have some choices here — and then to make the choice and take action.
You can take actions to change your financial situation, earn more money, and become a self-made millionaire.
Jump into the episode here:
Further Reading & Resources
If you enjoyed the show or want to branch out into some of the other topics we touched on in the episode, start here:
- Upcoming IPO? Take These 3 Financial Planning Steps Now
- Managing Lifestyle Creep: A Real-Life Example of Keeping Expenses Low (Even As Incomes Rise)
- Biggie Said It Best: Mo’ Money, Mo’ Problems [Podcast]
- The Art of Being Intentional with Your Money [Podcast]
- Market & Money Misconceptions That Can Cost You [Podcast]
Here are some additional links to concepts we talked about, as well:
- Compound interest calculator from Investor.gov
- More info on survivorship bias here (and lots of stories/examples here!)
Want More from the Podcast — and Your Hosts? Here’s How to Connect
We’d love to connect with you and continue the conversation!
Follow Eric @BeyondFinances on Twitter and Instagram
Follow Kali @KaliRoberge on Twitter and Instagram
If you have questions or comments, send us an email at email@example.com.
You can even chat with Eric about becoming a financial planning client at BYH by clicking here.
And of course, we’d love to hear what you think. Share your feedback by leaving your review on iTunes. It means a lot.