A bit about me
I am focused on financial freedom for my clients and for me. I’ve experienced significant income and frivolous spending years; I’ve scraped the bottom of the income barrel and I’ve also built a business from scratch that now allows me to enjoy life.
My goal is to help you achieve financial clarity, make mindful and informed decisions, and use your money as a tool to design a life that you love now and in the future.
10 years ago, at age 27, I made a decision that surprised my friends and family and made a huge impact on my life. I left my comfortable job as an investment analyst to venture out into the unknown. I started my career as an independent financial planner in 2007, right before the economy crashed.
The next few years were financially challenging to say the least, and my situation forced me to pay close attention to my finances. I learned firsthand the difference proper money management can make, and how focusing on the fundamentals can lead to financial success.
After the years I spent in my new career working for several small financial planning firms and developing the right money habits for myself, I realized it was time for me to launch my own company. I founded Beyond Your Hammock to guide motivated professionals in their 30s and 40s to build solid relationships with their money and use the tools available to create financial strategies that actually work.
I now spend my days helping clients organize their finances and create practical financial strategies that provide clarity and peace of mind. I also educate students about the value of money and speak to other financial planners at conferences across the country to transform the way financial advice is delivered in our society.
Henry Ford once said, “Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.” I’m here to help those who think they can achieve financial freedom actually do it.
Awards and Recognition
Best Financial Advisors in Boston
Expertise's goal is to connect people with the best local experts. They score financial advisors in Boston on more than 25 variables across five categories, then analyzed the results to create a hand-picked list of the best financial advisors in Boston, MA.
Top 10 CFPs Under 36
Wealth Management names 10 talented, independent CFPs as ones to watch in the industry for innovation and potential. These are up-and-coming advisors who built solid practices from a young age and continue to grow by catering to the next generation of clients.
Top 100 Most Influential Financial Advisors
Investopedia recognizes financial advisors who spread the message of financial planning and retirement readiness—those with the greatest reach and impact across social media and content channels including TV, radio, blogs, and books.
40 Under 40, Class of 2016
InvestmentNews’ 40 Under 40 reveals the tremendous potential in our industry by finding young talent doing remarkable things. Key attributes among the recognized 40 professionals of the 1,200+ nominations received are accomplishments, contributions, leadership, and promise.
Top 10 Young Advisors to Watch
Financial Advisor Magazine identifies individuals who embody the best quality young talent in the financial planning industry. These advisors work to bring innovation to the table and also dedicate themselves to advancing the industry for the benefit of the clients they serve.
Want to learn more?
I’m Eric Roberge and I am a Certified Financial Planner™ Practitioner. I help people in their 30s and 40s turn their six-figure income into financial freedom and peace of mind. Here’s a little more about me:
What kind of financial literacy volunteer work do you do?
- City of Cambridge Housing Department: Rental Assistance Budgeting Support
- Innercity Weightlifting: Offered financial literacy classes
- Joseph E. Lee Middle School: Taught students about entrepreneurship through Lemonade Day
- Pine Street Inn: Offered money management training to formerly incarcerated men and women
- Mothers for Justice and Equality: Taught students about finances and career choices
Where else have you been featured?
- Guest lecturer at Harvard University: Setting Seniors Up for Financial Success After College
- Guest lecturer at Babson College, Boston University, Simmons College, UMass Boston, and Bentley
- Writer for Money Magazine, Forbes and Huffington Post
What professional associations are you part of?
- Financial Planning Association (FPA) - Member and Board of Directors
- XY Planning Network (XYPN) - Founding Member
- National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA) - Member
- Babson College Alumni Association Board of Directors (2012 - 2016)
- St. John’s Alumni Association Board of Directors (2008 - 2014)
Where did you work before you launched Beyond Your Hammock?
- Portfolio Accountant at State Street Bank
- Assistant Treasurer at JPMorgan Chase
- Financial Planner at several independent financial planning firms
What do you like to do outside of your business?
- Golfing, Skiing, Wakeboarding, Playing hockey and soccer, camping, boating, traveling
How have you been recognized by your industry?
- 2016 InvestmentNews 40 Under 40
- 2016 Wealth Management Magazine’s Top 10 CFPs Under 36
- 2016 Financial Advisor Magazine’s Top 10 Young Advisors to Watch